Standing At The Fork In The Road

The path of least resistance:
Focus on making good money, have a secure job, buy a house, buy a car, live for the weekend, work for the man – even if you’re uninspired, trapped and aggravated, save up money to retire and enjoy life then. In the meantime buy lots of stuff, concentrate on building relations, networks. Come office, seat on your table, insulate yourself from the outside world, that office is your whole world, go back to sleep. Repeat cycle daily.

The path of great resistance:
Live now, enjoy your work, work for yourself, don’t buy a car – walk to work, ride your bike, take the train, invest in yourself what you value more which is a lifestyle, by loving your work the week becomes the weekend and the weekend is just another night. Work is your play. Be exposed to the intricacies of the natural world, to people, to life flowing all around you. Smile and take action.

I feel crazy of myself for choosing the harder path and sometimes think that there’s something wrong with me for not chasing the money-house-job complex.
I know it in my heart that very soon I will have to make a decision…I will have to choose & the only way to move forward is to pick one and start walking. Presently, I am neither here nor there kind of situation.
Because of the weight and impact of the moment, and limited preview of each option, I find myself completely paralyzed at the head of the fork unable to execute and make a decision.
Internal navigation system seems to be jammed too.
I don’t understand why is it became so important for me to do what makes sense, is practical or what everyone thinks one should do…

Please share your thoughts by commenting….

6 comments:

  1. What to say Akshat? I always wish you to follow what your heart and gut feeling say. Here is some lines from "The road not taken" by Robert Frost-

    I shall be telling this with a sigh,
    Somewhere ages and ages hence;
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
    I took the one less travelled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro !!!!!!!!!!!

    Very very well written... crisp nd concise.

    You know what I would say... Do what your active Conscience suggests. and trust me you would not regret that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ashish.. I wil remember for sure..
    & with lines by Robert Frost, I say
    "The woods are lovely, dark & deep
    But I have promises to keep
    & miles to go before I sleep
    & miles to go before I sleep"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Akshat..
    As for the post..its well framed..
    And as for you dilemma..
    remember one thing always..
    In your life there comes a moment
    when you have to choose what is right and what is easy..
    the choice will completely be yours..
    You can choose the right path over the easy or vice versa..
    The easy path will be your comfort zone shell
    however the right path will be the RIGHT path isn't it!! :)
    stay tuned!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No help ...
    No idea which one's easy or Right.
    Guess there isn't anything easy in life, don't even remember when was life easy last time!!!
    Right - I don't know & I am not confident & I am confused & I am freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah!! then your problem can be QLC that is quarter life crises!
    Anyways life is easy when you have easy company to dwell in..:)
    P.S: company here is sangati!

    ReplyDelete